Unfortunately, this blog is stopped a bit right now and its future isn't sure. For now I'll be posting only the Daring Bakers Challenges but I might recover the blog and post about other food as well... Who knows.

8/27/2012

The Daring Bakers' Challenge August 2012 - Filled Pate a Choux Swans

Kat of The Bobwhites was our August 2012 Daring Baker hostess who inspired us to have fun in creating pate a choux shapes, filled with crème patisserie or Chantilly cream. We were encouraged to create swans or any shape we wanted and to go crazy with filling flavors allowing our creativity to go wild!
I was truly excited with this challenge and I totally loved it. For the pate a choux I chose this recipe and I filled my swans with some whipped cream. To have a bit of fun when doing this challenge as desired by Kat, I added some black food coloring to a small amount of batter and there it was - one black swan swimming along its lighter siblings.
Thanks again, Kat, for making me do the pate a choux. The swans were amazingly tasty and even better accompanied by a piece of caramel cake.




4 comments:

  1. At first I thought they were chocolate swans :)
    Job very well done, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swans look great, but that caramel cake sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta černá labuť vypadá moc moc dobře.

    ReplyDelete