Unfortunately, this blog is stopped a bit right now and its future isn't sure. For now I'll be posting only the Daring Bakers Challenges but I might recover the blog and post about other food as well... Who knows.

9/27/2012

The Daring Bakers' Challenge September 2012 - Empanada Gallega

Patri of the blog, Asi Son Los Cosas, was our September 2012 Daring Bakers’ hostess and she decided to tempt us with one of her family’s favorite recipes for Empanadas! We were given two dough recipes to choose from and encouraged to fill our Empanadas as creatively as we wished!
I almost "forgot" to do this challenge because I can't say I'm in love with cooking savoury food. But once I pushed myself it turned out truly delicious. My empanada gallega was filled with some onions, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes and feta cheese. The dough was nice and quite easy to roll and assemble and the filling was perfect according to my brother. Even though the empanada was good the day it was baked, we liked it even more the next day because it sort of came together.
Anyways, thanks, Patri, for a taste of Spain!







5 comments:

  1. I find myself a little less excited about the savoury challenges too, but once I got started with this one, I loved it as well! Your filling sounds wonderful and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed immensely the next day after reheating in the oven, it turned out crunchy yummm
    Beautiful job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm that sounds really delicious - feta and courgette are a fantastic combination - yum!

    ReplyDelete